Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hold on tight gals it’s going to be a bumpy ride!!!

Thought I would come back and update you all on what has been going on and why I have been absent for so long…..

Busy is not the word I would use to describe how the last few weeks have been…….In face I can’t come up with a word at the moment to describe it.  First let me say I have decided that school (my BA in nursing) has to take a back seat right now.  I just had to unload some stress and it will be there waiting on me in the fall if I so choose.  Second the house is coming along very nice and the last 2 weeks have been filled with painting , painting and more painting…..oh and trim work and staining and more painting!!  But we are getting there.  Insert our construction mgr quitting the company but hey………what's a little more stress???  All is good at the moment and we are right on schedule!  The furnace even got turned on the other day so no more kerosene bills!!!

But the real stressor came as a huge blow during this whole thing……to make a long story short my mother had been having problems with her health.  Just thought it was carpal tunnel….even had the surgery and everything….this was her second one.  no big deal right?  Well she just got worse and worse and this had been a slow moving train since fall.  Finally we got her in to see a very good neurologist.  She has ALS!  WHAT?  ARE YOU SURE?????  This disease is also called Lou Gehrig's Disease.

you can read about it here:  LOU GEHRIG’S DISEASE

This is a fatal disease and we are not sure how long she has.  My mom is a nurse.  We have watched my dad’s mom die of this and I just found out my mom had an uncle that also died of this.  So she knows what is coming her way and as you can imagine is scared. 

I am not sure what I feel yet.  I am not completely sad…..I don’t want to waste time while she is here grieving!  There will be plenty of time for that when she is gone.  But I am slowing finding myself getting emotionally spent.  I am definitely not griping or complaining I just ask for you prayers as we try to make sense of it all and deal with is as best we can as a family.  We feel like we are always apologizing to friends  and such because we are losing free time to nurture those relationships at the moment but mom comes first!!!  That's just how it is. 

So please be patient with the blog…..It’s still wants to be a decorating ninja when it grows up and I will post some pictures right after this post for you to see the progress since the last update!  Been moving fast!

So again thanks for your love and support and feel free to send me messages……just might take a little longer to get back to you but I promise I will!

IN HIS NAME!

siggy 

Recent pics from house build:

(me painting my first color on the bedroom wall!  I LOVE IT!)0_1

ok I guess we all have mishaps uh?  Step right in the paint tray!

1_1

This is me again loving the color….it dried so nice.  It is called Pennywise from SW.

 3_1

This is looking out from the dining room to the garage.  This color is called “cinnebar” and is much darker looking in person.  The color adjacent you ask???  FAVORITE TAN!

100_0628

My master bathroom.  Used the same pennywise as an accent!

100_0629

master bath walls again..

100_0630

counter top next to it.

100_0631

Dave and I trying to imagine what it will be like when we are done and looking out our bedroom window at the view!

100_0632

Jessie’s room. She actually has two walls the same red color.

100_0634

corner of my bedroom

100_0636

grey primier put on dining room before the red.

0414101101-00

awwwww. trim work!  LOVE  LOVE  LOVE this little tool!

0414101121-00

had great helpers!

0414102034-00

The start of the living room.  Fav Tan in there too! Its is amazing how much this color changes depending on the room and the light.

0415101750-01

more living room

0415101751-00

 

finished living room, kitchen area.

SAM_0003

dining room

SAM_0004

dining room again

SAM_0005

foyer/living room.  Foyer color is called something RICE??? again a color from SW and color matched at home depot.

SAM_0006

living room

SAM_0008

kids rooms

SAM_0009

our room from landing

SAM_0010

master bedroom

SAM_0011 SAM_0012

Me, glad it is almost over!

SAM_0015

front of house

SAM_0018

garage area. already trying to decide where to put second garage before we pave the drive.

 SAM_0020

Goofing off with new digital camera.  The last one broke……can’t imagine why we hardly ever used it…..LOL

SAM_0029

just see how the color of the stained wood matches up with the paint color.

SAM_0056 

spindles and railing for stairs

 SAM_0057SAM_0058

Grass was getting to Dave so he just had to mow!

felt great to him I am sure.

SAM_0066

all the trim!!!!  Did I say we would never do the painting ourselves ever again???

SAM_0068 SAM_0069 SAM_0070 SAM_0071 SAM_0072 SAM_0073 SAM_0074

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2-Column by Douglas Bowman |Premium Blogger templates | Blogger-Hacks