Monday, January 25, 2010

I thought I knew it all!!!


ok so I really don't think I know it all but for the most part I thought I knew a lot.........when it comes to my husband and what he is thinking. We have been married now for alomst 17 years and we have a great relationship and we have come along way since 1991! (that is when we met). But this is what is sitting beside my computer on the dining room table........



Yup! thats right it is the book titled "For women only"........and right below that is "For Men only". I will be reading it when I am done with the first. What wonderful books!!! The back of the book reads like this:

What's going on in there? Ever been totally confused by something
your man has said or done? Want to understand his secret desires
and fears, his daily battles that you know nothing about?

In a woman to woman conversation you'll never forget, Shaunti
Feldhahn takes you beneath the surface in to the inner lives of men.
This book is about the things we just don't "get" about guys. With
findings from a groundbreaking natinoal survey and personal
interviews of over one thousand men, For Women Only is full of
eye-opening revelations you need to not only understand the man
in your life, but to support and love him in a way he needs to be
loved. Grounded in biblical hope, you will discover how to love your
man for who he Really is -- not who you think he is.

This is a MUST READ! do they really struggle with those things? Do they really have those thoughts? Do they really want to cuddle??? Well the answer is yes!!!!!! I have to admit that the reason hubby and I get along so well and have come along way is due to the books we have read (not to mention the counselors we have visited). So we both love to read books when it comes to bettering ourselves both maritally and spiritually. So if you have a guy or a girl that just doesn't read that much or is stubborn to read something you think would benefit.....just do what I did. I laid them all over the house even behind the toilet until they did get read! Took awhile but it eventually worked (especially when it is the only read on the back of the toilet! (no "guy" mags there for awhile...LOL)

NOW ON TO THE NEXT SUBJECT!!!!!...........

In taking the picture for the book I noticed the table...........


This is our dining room table pretty much 100% of the time. Room to eat as a family? Not very often!! Mind you , I live in a 900 sq ft apartment (2 bedrooms) with 2 teenagers, 1 dog, 2 cats and a hubby! Whew! Blows me away each time I say it! (for those of you wondering why? we are currently in the "building a home" process) On the table you have 2 laptops, books, work papers (nursing review folder), home work (my BSN papers), coffee, current reads, my daughters hair brush...LOL, my sons retainer box (someone must have been in the 1 bathroom we had when he needed to put it away :), bills, checkbook, condiments, candle, etc etc. You get the picture right?
well................I vow to reclaim the dining room table once we are in the new house! I mean no electronics of any kind!!!!! No bills!!! This table till become the sacred place to sit down and eat at the table!!! TOGETHER!!!!! AT THE SAME TIME!!! LOL I know I joke but I really am serious!!!!! I can't tell you how fustrating this table is for me! I feel totally unorganized and messed up!!!! And I NEED my organization!!!!! lol
Maybe I will just ease my mind in the meantime by surfing some good blogs on organization!!! LOL

Whats your source of frustration right now in your home????

Till Later!
~Amy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

2-Column by Douglas Bowman |Premium Blogger templates | Blogger-Hacks